Walmart “Made in the USA” Products ?

Walmart

Featured image was found on Wikipedia

Walmart “Made in the USA” products? This was the slogan back in 1985. I worked for KMart, at the time. This super big box store moved in and was putting retail stores out of business.

I am so confused as I am seeing “Walmart warns customers of price increases due to tariffs.”

Walmart “Made in the USA” Products ?

At the time. I was working at KMart. If you as much as mentioned “Walmart” you were let go on the spot. Walmart was enticing KMart employees to come to them for employment.

The rumor was spreading, you would get 50¢ an hour above your current wage, if you went to Walmart for employment.

Boasting about how they sold products made in the USA, was this true? This turned out to be phony Patriotism.

Walmart China “firmly believes” in local sourcing with over 95 percent of their merchandise coming from local sources. In America, estimates say that Chinese suppliers make up 70-80 percent of Walmart’s merchandise, leaving less than 20 percent for American-made products. Jun 27, 2016.

Found on Google Search.

Over the past few years, I noticed their prices increasing. Self check-out was the way they expected you to pay. Employees loosing their jobs. Most unhappy employees I have ever had to deal with.

Remodeling their Neighborhood Centers brought even more price increases.

It seems the remodeling was much like Publix. Wooden tables in the bakery, similar layouts, etc. But they lost a lot of product choices.

Prices are as much as Publix. The difference being, Publix does not have self check-outs. They help you to your car with your purchases. Many more choices and friendlier employees. The benefits for employees are great.

Yet “Walmart warns customers of price increases due to tariffs.”

Low prices, American jobs, products made in the USA. This was “in the Beginning”. I can only assume. Walmart must not be doing so well…..

confued
Confused

All is well in “My Tiny Korner”

Very happy you stopped by.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to chat.

Ways to contact Robbie
*Facebook Business Page Tiny Korner Krafts Business
*Contact her by email at robbiemendoza@att.net.
*Use the Contact Form on the “Welcome” Page.

Scroll down to leave a comment.

Robbie's Thoughts

1 Comment

  1. Mary

    Keep talking! Love to get your perspectives on our world.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *